Friday, June 10, 2011

katie vs blair

Sitting watching the news, I never thought to spot this similarity.
The newly wedded Duke&Duchess of Cambridge had just attended a charity dinner - now that's not the point.
But of course, what, oh what is dear katie waitie wearing?
A Jenny Packham shimmering dress from Spring/Summer 2011 collection (which is ah-mazing! - keep scrolling)


I took a step closer to the TV instantly and noticed the pink sequinned tulle is rather similar..to how could I forget, Miss Blair Waldorf! Could it be? Blair and Kate, same designer?
and as a Gossip Girl obsessed - yes I notice these things - what a coincidence, Blair becoming a Duchess as well. Did my research! and voila! It came down to Jenny Packham

Yes, you're right, it was a different dress.
Blair's dress cuts off just at her knee, while Katie 
took the full, body shaping gown. I must say it looked amazing on her. Definitely a Kate's dress, and now Ms Packham will have her telephone ringing off the hook.

Enough about Katie, how about Blair. She did pull that knee length dress off too. I could not stop staring at Blair in that episode (Princess and the Frog). She looked stunning. But the hair? I am not highly too sure. But it was something different. I like it, it was a different approach to Blair's usual conservative style.



Now, kept researching. &to my surprise well not really anymore, Jenny Packham has been in the Gossip Girl family for some time now. Dressing both Serena and Blair. I must say again, Eric Daman you are truly a star! I bet you Kate Middleton watches Gossip Girl and envied the sequinned dress off Blair &thought she could pull it off. well she did! Kudos!


Jenny Packham, you're something! and you know me, here are a few of my favvs from the Spring/Summer 11 Collection. Enjoy! they are dazzling. You will be dazed!

edgy yet still feminine
peachy tone
a touch of kimono style, lurrve
Kate's
so elegant &simplistic
perfect for fancy cocktail party
Blair's
closing dress! enough said


We've observed, noticed, glanced, dazed &dazed.
Winner of the Jenny Packham?
Let's all hail to Princess...








2 comments: