Sunday, March 18, 2012

he got swag

What is the first thing that comes to mind when someone says ...man bag? for me probably this.

I mean, it's cute ...but doesn't actually shout, "hey girls, I got good taste - let's date!". Unless it is what you see. Men may thank Alan from the Hangover (2009) to get this man bag trend started. It's a trend that has been going in and out for years and designers such as Bottega Veneta are pushing it back on the runway (Thread NY, 2011). It's been a continuing key item for men's accessories (WGSN, 2011).

Now, I am not asking you men to grab your girlfriend's purse and carry it for her.
SO, solution? bring your own!! It actually makes you look intelligent, as if you have somewhere to be. Important. Secretive. & plus? When you're holding that "man bag" forcefully near your chest, that arm definition ...there's something going on there.
- I adore the whole oversize pencil case style. Okay, it is obviously not a pencil case, alas it should not stop you from using a trendy pencil case from the 7th grade that could pass off. With the number of tech gadgets men tend to carry around (iPads, Kindles tablets etc.), there are now bags and cases that will hold those precious devices for safe-keeping during transits between the office and home (ReutersVideo, 2011). It is safe to say "technology has completely transformed men's bags today" (ReutersVideo, 2011).

:Photos courtesy of StreetFSN:


-backpacks; they send this rugged, "I'm a backpacker" look (but stylish, don't get me wrong). It's manly and inviting?
:Photos courtesy of StreetFSN:

-side/crossbody bags; they are so chic to men. It makes me think, you've got somewhere to go "in a hurry and I can totally sweep you off your feet in seconds:Photos courtesy of StreetFSN:

What I'm trying to say is, it makes you look 10x smarter. sexier. and ...well, that's all I can think of. But who wouldn't want to look smarter and sexier?

Here is what I found as I was getting some breakfast the other day..
 
Lachlan Spencer; Warrigal Square; 15 March

 Lachlan's bag is Herschel Supply Co.
You can buy it from their website or one of my favourite sites, Karmaloop

No comments:

Post a Comment