Wednesday, February 29, 2012

spot the difference

If you know me well, you know how I utterly hate following "on-trended" things.. (well this is where it's all going..) I came across this during my intimate blogging time a few months back last year...
which I thought was waaay cute. I was in lurrve with sequins &glitter too so that was a bonus! but what I admired was the one finger painted different. I suppose people have done that before, or painted each finger different, or every second finger..list goes on anyway.
SO, I did that style! painting your ring finger a totally different colour. my friends would then ask me, why did you do that? well it was partly me wanting to me different &such a cute look (to me anyway).
I kept doing it, SUDDENLY I was at Six Flags waiting, queuing, had a sniff around. &saw a girl with the same concept. I was like whaaaat?! Me being me, kept harassing my friend telling him we had the same nail-polish style. Okay, so I can be over-dramatic at times...like these. but anyways, I kept doing it until now...getting compliments since I've been back from strangers etc.
&then my ex-roommate tells me people are rocking out that style back in the States. wait there's more...I saw it in the February issue in SHOP TIL YOU DROP on Vanessa Hudgens...
&just before, my friend told me he's seen a few people doing that while he's at work..
NOW, when do I draw the line &stop? I'll give it..when I've seen more than 5-7 people wearing it.
but. I did a little research. now apparently that trend of odding the ring finger out..is suppose to manifest good luck (not too sure whether I have gained good luck..), and that single girls wear it to declare their independence from obligation, expectation and/or control.
WOW. this turned out to be a educational post.
anyway, this is my current nail..
try subtle at first, but contrasting colours at the same time.

&P.S. sorry if I may have sounded like a stuck snob in this post. no intentions. at. all.

No comments:

Post a Comment