Tuesday, October 9, 2012

online, online, read all about it! OJ1*

It's researched, compiled and written, so it must be true. The Pew Research Center did a survey on American news consumption and you guessed it.. online news platforms are on the rise!
While radio and newspaper has drastically declined, television news is slowly.. steadily declining. But honestly, my prediction for television news will always be there - people want to come home from work and turn the TV on. OK, not necessarily turning onto the news; but it's nice to tune in what's happened during the day. 
Now, the decline is radio could actually be the introduction of MP3 players, I hardly ever turn to the radio in the car. I plug my iPod in and soothes my car ride, it is unless I am utterly bored with the amount of time I play Coldplay on repeat THEN I switch on the radio. And that, I don't even listen to the news.. or the news segment is not even on at the time.
And it is quite safe to say, newspaper is not helping with the environment..how many of you really RECYCLE the newspaper?! By subscribing to the New York Times on your iPad you feel as though you're somewhat helping the environment and at the same time you can obtain local news from newspapers around the world. And it is much more convenient, isn't it?
I am not going against print news..because myself, I would like to have a career in the magazine industry. It's definitely a ride we need to keep up with..

No comments:

Post a Comment